A merged chamber of commerce and economic development group.
As a member benefit, Bronze, Silver & Gold level members are able to post any job opportunities they may have available.
**Please do not contact the Vinton Unlimited office with questions about the job opportunities. Please follow the contact information in the listing**
Posted: February 21, 2018
Custom Millwork & Finishing
Custom Millwork & Finishing is a growing millwork manufacturer producing premier millwork products for both residential and commercial properties. We are seeking individuals who are quality conscious and exact in workmanship with a high standard of integrity and professionalism.
Construction, carpentry, millwork, or finishing knowledge is helpful but not necessary, we will train the right person. A working knowledge of hand and power tools or commercial woodworking machinery a plus.
Requirements for Production Specialist:
- Must understand math functions, calculations, and fractions.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Display strong written and oral communication skills and employ effective listening skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities
- Analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications, and costs.
- Safety conscious, adheres to safety policies and procedures.
For more information and to request an application: https://www.custommillworkjobs.com
Posted: January 11, 2018
Guest Service Representative – Part time
Cobblestone Inn & Suites
The Cobblestone Inn & Suites in Vinton, IA is looking for a part-time Guest Service Representative to work night audit, days and evenings. Holidays and weekends will be expected. Must be flexible.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out front desk responsibilities including, but not limited to; greeting guests, performing guest transactions, balancing reports, processing reservations and credit cards.
- Provide quality service for guests including pertinent information about the area.
- Handle and resolve guest’s complaints.
- Operate switchboard giving courteous, polite service.
- Assist in training of new front desk staff.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Perform basic math using a calculator.
- Have legible handwriting.
- Knowledge of computer equipment.
- Record information in the clerk log book and shift reports.
- Work with other departments to ensure room status is up-to-date and room repairs are done on a timely basis.
- Promote all marketing programs to the guest.
- Responsible for accurate cash control to include keeping the cash drawer at a minimum and ensuring that the shift deposits balance.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance behind the front desk and in the lobby area.
- Operate TDD equipment for hearing impaired guests.
- Implement all company policies and procedures for safety and security.
- Send and receive faxes.
- Responsible for key control. Issues and receives both room keys and master keys.
- Cleaning guestrooms and lobby area as needed.
- Restocking front desk supplies
- Help with laundry.
- Deliver cribs, towels or other items to guestrooms as requested.
- Perform light maintenance duties.
Contact Cassandra Fowler, General Manager — email@example.com or 319-472-2220.